Thursday, July 23, 2009

It's All about the Potty

I am so proud of my lil man! He went pee on the potty tonight for the first time! I was not going to start potty training him yet. My goal was to have him potty trained by 3yrs old. But he has been showing interest in the potty recently. So, today I let him run around without a diaper on. He peed on the floor this morning. And I took him into the bathroom and showed him where to go pee. After that he had no more accidents! Tonight he was playing with his cars, and jumped up and said "Go Pee", and then he ran to the bathroom. I felt the carpet and there was a little drop on the floor. So, that means, he started to go, but stopped himself and ran to the bathroom. I was amazed at how quickly he caught on, and at his ability to hold it. The only problem we are having is his reluctance to actually go on the potty. I think he would rather hold it than actually go. After much coaxing, he eventually went on the potty. And I am so proud of him! He really is such a smart little guy.

I am sorry that this post is all about the potty, but this seems to be the only topic of conversation at our household at the moment! I am sure this is the first of many potty post. I just had to share our great news today. My baby is a big boy now!

No comments:

Post a Comment